GreenGeeks is a relatively new web hosting company based out of Portland, Oregon. If you’re looking for a green web hosting company in Portland, Oregon you will want to take a look at GreenGeeks. They offer many different types of hosting options and some of them are free. They have an extremely high retention rate for customers who buy through them.
Checkout the rest of the article below to read more about our GreenGeeks review.
GreenGeeks Hosting Review 2022- Overview
AVERAGE UPTIME :
24/7 Live Chat
Unlimited Storage Space
Free Site Migration
MONEY BACK POLICY:
30-day money back guarantee
Advantages of GreenGeeks
- Quality support with quick answers: If we are choosing a web hosting company, the main and most important thing to review is the support that the company is providing. We only found the inconvenience that were the grammatical errors along the way. If you are demanding, you can read it a bit.
- Free domain name and website migration: GreenGeeks also on the registration and transfer of free domain names, which means that if you get your domain name through them, they will do it for free during the time you use their services. If our website is currently hosted by another company, they will help you transfer your website to the service for free.
- 30 day money back guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the services of GreenGeeks, they have a 30-day money back guarantee on most hosting plans without any questions, which is really good. Sounds simple, but you’ll know how this gets a little more complicated.
GreenGeeks Prices, Hosting Plans
Pros & Cons of Using GreenGeeks Hosting
GreenGeeks Review Conclusion
Let’s dive into our GreenGeeks web hosting review.
Are you considering hosting your site with GreenGeeks but still can’t make that decision because of the mixed reviews online about it? Well, we have an unbiased GreenGeeks review that answers all the questions you need to know about this hosting company.
From its name, it is clear that they value the environment. Beyond their environmentally-friendly nature, GreenGeeks is slowly making its name in the hosting niche.
Hosting over 600,000 websites, this hosting company is known to have excellent customer support and feature-rich plans.
Let’s discuss how it fairs in different aspects.
GreenGeeks Hosting Review
Founded in 2008 by Trey Gardener, GreenGeeks currently hosts over 600,000 websites for over 50,000 customers.
This company has scooped awards for being one of the best hosting companies in America and for being a full-fledged eco-friendly hosting company.
They offer world-class hosting services both in terms of performance and reliability.
We take a look at its robust features
Performance and Uptime
In the hosting niche, an uptime guarantee is an important consideration. You don’t want to host your website in a hosting company that experiences frequent downtimes.
With GreenGeeks, they have a commendable uptime guarantee of up to 99.9%. However, they do not back their uptime commitment. Unlike other hosting companies that promise to refund hosting credit for any month where you experience downtimes not caused by scheduled maintenance, GreenGeeks doesn’t guarantee the same.
However, this is not to mean that they have poor uptime. Many of its customers are happy with their performance.
When it comes to speed, GreenGeeks doesn’t compromise regardless of the hosting plan you are in. All their servers run on SSD Accelerated RAID-10 and quad-core processors. This enables your website to load fast.
In addition, GreenGeeks has distributed its data centers in many areas in the US, and they have a powerful UPS system that acts as backups in case of power disruptions.
One area that many web hosting companies struggle with is customer support. However, GreenGeeks excels in this field. To cater to all its customers, GreenGeeks offer multiple avenues where customers can reach their reps.
You can get to the support team via phone, live chat, or email. Phone support is available between 9 AM and 12 AM EST from Monday to Friday and 9 AM to 8P EST on weekends. However, live chat is available 24/7.
In all their customer care avenues, the response time is impressive- a wait time of 20 minutes tops.
Security and Backups
GreenGeeks have put in place plenty of security measures means to protect data hosted in their facilities. Every server has a firewall system that monitors it 24/7 to identify and nullify all hacking attempts and DDoS attacks.
These security measures are available in all plans, including shared hosting. For those on VPS hosting plans, there is an option to blacklist suspicious IP addresses. What’s more? You can use a free Spam Assassin tool that is meant to protect your email accounts.
When it comes to backups, GreenGeeks conducts daily backups every night, and this service is available on all plans, including shared, VPS, and reseller accounts. Only one free restoration is provided per month- additional restores come at a surcharge.
Other Perks of Hosting With GreenGeeks
- cPanel Control Panel. GreenGeeks makes it easier for its users to navigate the admin dashboard thanks to the inclusion of cPanel. Many people are used to cPanel, and this is another plus of hosting with GreenGeeks.
- Free Site Migration. If you would like to transfer your site to GreenGeeks, there is an expert team that can handle these transfers for you.
- Free website builder to allow newbies to build free, powerful websites with ease. You also get plenty of fully customizable templates you can use to create professional-looking websites
Hosting Plans and Pricing
GreenGeeks offers four types of hosting; shared, VPS, Reseller, and WordPress.
Introductory Price for the cheapest plan
Renewal price for the cheapest plan
Starts at $2.95/month
Great for small and medium-sized businesses
SSD storage thus scalable
Free domain registration for the first year
Starts at $2.95/month
Same features as Shared plans but now optimized for WordPress
Starts at $39.95/month
Ideal for medium and large-sized websites and eCom stores
More dedicated resources
Starts at $19.95/month
Allows one to resell hosting to clients or for use in multiple websites
1-click WordPress installation
Unlimited domain registration
Here are more details about GreenGeeks hosting plans
The most affordable shared hosting package by GreenGeeks is the Lite shared hosting plan. You get 50 GB storage, unmetered bandwidth, 50 email accounts, free CDN, free SSL, and one year of free domain registrations.
There are also PRO and Premium plans that give you unlimited storage, faster performance, and unlimited email accounts.
For those who want better control over computing resources, VPS hosting is an ideal choice. With VPS hosting, you determine the best disc space, bandwidth, and RAM that you need. There are different GreenGeeks VPS hosting packages, with the cheapest including 2 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD storage, 50GB SSD storage, and 4 vCPU, while the priciest offering 8GB RAM, 150 GB SSD storage, and 6 vCPU.
With GreenGeeks, you can choose from four dedicated plans, all offering 5IPs and an allowance of 10TB of data transfer in a month. Disc space and RAM vary from plan to plan.
GreenGeeks also offer reseller hosting that allows one to rent server resources to other websites. This means you can become a small web hosting agency.
With a reseller account, you get a free site builder, cPanel accounts, one-click WordPress installation, automatic updates, and all the features extended to shared hosting plans users.
GreenGeeks Hosting Pros and Cons
- Scalable hosting options as you can upgrade from shared hosting to VPS or dedicated server packages
- GreenGeeks offers a reliable uptime of up to 99.9%
- There is a resourceful help center where you can find solutions to common issues that face GreenGeeks users
- Stellar customer support
- Free site builder
- Free backups to keep your data secure
- Free site migration
- Pricier hosting packages, especially for VPS and Dedicated hosting packages
- The money-back guarantees option makes plans costlier
- You have to opt to their 3-year plan to enjoy the posted price
Do We Recommend GreenGeeks?
Yes. GreenGeeks may not necessarily be the best web hosting company, but they do provide great uptime, solid speeds, and stellar customer support.
For these reasons, they are worth consideration. Just be aware that for you to enjoy their affordable rates, you have to commit for the long term.
If you are a beginner marketer or just want hosting for your personal website, GreenGeeks is a great choice.
GreenGeeks Reviews – Customer Reviews
GreenGeeks is relatively new to the hosting world. You can see they are starting off on the right foot with their Greengeeks reviews on Trustpilot.
Frequently Asked Questions
GreenGeeks is a great hosting company. They currently have over 50,000 customers and 600,000 websites hosted. They have been in business for the last 13 years. If you want to help the planet and get great customer care then join GreenGeeks today.
GreenGeeks have multiple high quality servers. Currently the data centres are in Chicago US, Montreal CA and Amsterdam NL
GreenGeeks now have hosting servers in Canada. They are the worlds number 1 green energy web hosting provider.