Kinsta is one of the popular hosting solutions for WordPress users. It provides managed WordPress hosting only. This means the hosting environment is optimized for the best performance of these types of sites. You expect the website to have faster loading times, lesser downtimes, and none or just a few performance issues.
Let’s take a more detailed look with our Kinsta review.
Kinsta Review 2022 & Hosting Overview
AVERAGE UPTIME :
From 10GB Disk Space
Free Site Migration
MONEY BACK POLICY:
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Best Web Hosting Companies
Kinsta Web Hosting Review: Overview
Great Security – The company provides great security solutions and measures. First, it bans plugins that can affect the security of your website.
It also provides multiple security solutions including GeoIP blocking, DDoS scanning, self-healing PHP, and GCP firewall. It also actively stops malicious codes launched in the network.
Restoration in case of a hack – The company can clean up your website after a hack. They will fix it for free.
Great Server Locations – Having 21 server location choices means they can provide reliable service for their customers.
Free Website Migration – The website migration for your website is free of charge regardless of your hosting plan.
Excellent Customer Support – The company provides 24/7 customer support through ticketing and a live chat system. However, there is no option for telephone support. Check out more below with our Kinsta Web hosting review.
Pros & Cons of Using Kinsta
Kinsta Hosting Review
Let’s dive in with our Kinsta Review
Kinsta offers managed web hosting plans for all types of businesses and personal websites, including blogs, e-commerce sites, medical sites, and more. By providing an easy use, yet powerful control panel, Kinsta hosting allows users to take advantage of their website’s full potential. Kinsta also provides backup services and website security features.
This managed WordPress hosting solution is, therefore, most preferred for these types of sites even if the user is unfamiliar with WordPress. Since the service only specializes in WordPress hosting, their employees are well versed and experienced in helping WordPress users.
Some of their staff even contribute to WordPress software. The result is quality customer service and assistance.
The hosting service has an entry plan of $30 per month. This Kinsta hosting review explains the pros as well as the cons of this web hosting solution.
Loading time test results show that this service can manage a load time of 307 Microseconds. This performance grade is about 91/100. The test is based on the Pingdom monitoring service and a 30-minute interval test done for seven days.
Compared to other hosting services HostGator and Bluehost, this test proves that Kinsta may be faster on a lightweight theme.
With a heavyweight theme, the load time is 1.25 seconds graded at 87/100. This is a bit slow compared to Bluehost or HostGator. These tests could improve if the test sites are optimized. You can also optimize your database and website to improve expected loading speeds.
Kinsta performs comparably well against low-cost shared plans for load impact performance. With 250 virtual users accessing a site at the same time, it still manages 80 ms loading speed.
Tests reveal that Kinsta hosting can provide an uptime of 99.9% up to 100% for tests done over seven days.
- The starter plan is $30 per month for 25,000 visits, 10 GB disk space, and free SSL and CDN.
- Pro Plan costs $60 for 2 sites, 50,000 visits, and 20 GB of disk space.
- Bussing Plan 1 costs $100 per month for 5 websites, 100,000 visits, and 30 GB of disk space.
- Business Plan 2 costs $200 per month for 10 websites, 250,000 visits, and 40 GB of disk space.
- Other business plans – these costs up to $600 per month for an enterprise plan.
What do You expect from Kinsta Hosting?
Kinsta WordPress hosting uses Google Cloud Platform for their hosting solutions. This infrastructure is owned by Google and is popular among top companies. Other popular companies like Coca-Cola and Snapchat use this hosting platform. It is definitely a state-of-the-art infrastructure with top-notch features.
With this solution, websites access the highly scalable hardware needed to offer the best customer experience. For instance, the website hosted on this platform is scalable such that it can handle surges in traffic when its users increase or when it goes viral. This prevents service downtimes or denial of service for some users due to high traffic.
Additionally, Kinsta hosting servers are located in 21 locations spread around the globe. If something happens to one of them because of local calamities or issues, the service does not have to go down. Your users will still access the website.
- Automatic backups for WordPress sites – These backups are done daily. The entry plan allows a user to keep the backups for 14 days. With higher plans, you can retain the backups longer up to the preferred duration. This means you do not have to worry about losing your website content and other information.
Apart from daily backups, you can choose hourly, six-hour, or manual backups. The manual backup is done at the touch of a button. You can also download your site back up and store them safely offline. Restoring is also easy once you backup. You do not have to take down your site because you can restore them to a live site.
- Staging your site – Staging of the site allows web owners to test new plugins, customization of their codes, and code edits before launching live. Once you start developing your website, you can enable HTTPS, restart PHP, clear site cache, and launch relic monitoring to track your website statistics. And even change the PHP version to your liking. The change between PHP 5.6, 7, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 is done at the touch of a button. All these features are available on the user’s dashboard.
- Website Caching – You can set the caching to four different types including server and in-house WordPress caching.
- WordPress website management – Although there are no automatic plugin updates or automatic WordPress core software updating, you can update the plugins easily from the dashboard.
- Advanced control of the website from the database – Kinsta hosting reviews will tell you that it is easy to check your website statistics from the database. Thus you can easily monitor and manage your SEO campaigns from an informed point of view. You can also check the uptime status of the website at any time on the dashboard so you can take the necessary action.
From the dashboard, you can install the WordPress site after login into the control panel. This is a straightforward process completed in a few seconds. You can also manage the website from the dashboard, for instance backing it up, reinstalling backups, etc.
- The company provides great security solutions and measures. First, it bans plugins that can affect the security of your website. It also provides multiple security solutions including GeoIP blocking, DDoS scanning, self-healing PHP, and GCP firewall. It also actively stops malicious codes launched in the network.
- Restoration in case of a hack – The company can clean up your website after a hack. They will fix it for free.
- Having 21 server location choices means they can provide reliable service for their customers.
- The website migration for your website is free of charge regardless of your hosting plan.
- The company provides 24/7 customer support through ticketing and a live chat system. However, there is no option for telephone support.
- There also is no email service plan on the hosting plans. Users who prefer email services on the hosting plans should try other hosting services.
- Some catching, security and optimization plugins are banned from the hosting service as they can affect performance. Therefore, you might not have access to all your preferred plugins.
Kinsta Reviews – Customer Satisfaction
Kinsta has only been in the web hosting business for around 4 years now. You can see they are clearly a hosting business which means business racking up over 400 Kinsta reviews on Trustpilot.
The greatest benefit you get from Kinsta hosting service is a few management tasks on your end for your WordPress site. Users of WordPress do not have to worry about the performance or restoration of their website if something goes wrong. You also get a free restoration in case of a hack. This is in addition to faster loading times for their websites. We hope you enjoyed our Kinsta review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes they will. When you first sign up they will offer you one free premium site migration. They will take care of everything, you just have to update your name-servers.
Yes, they include daily backups and you can also do this manually. You can do this with one single click.
Kinsta has a 30 day money back guarantee. There is also no fixed contract, you can cancel anytime you wish.
Kinsta hosting is a managed wordpress hosting platform. They provide cutting-edge technology with great customer support.
Disclosure of earnings: SuperbHosts use affiliate links in some of the hosting services that appear on this page. This helps our site cover the costs of the site, Thanks for your support. Read more